The 50 Greatest Red Sox Games: 2013 Edition
Every Red Sox fan cherishes memories of great games that will never be forgotten, and wonders what it would have been like to be in the park for other outstanding moments from the team's checkered past. Were you there when Roger Clemens notched his first 20-strikeout game? Where were you on that incredible day--October 27, 2004--when the curse was shattered?
Covering the history of the Boston Red Sox, The 50 Greatest Red Sox Games lets you relive the very best (and worst) moments dating back to 1903. From history-making plays to historic achievements, Cecilia Tan and Bill Nowlin recreate the suspense, excitement, and drama of every game on the list. Drawing on in-depth research, personal player interviews, and newspaper and magazine accounts of the day, they recreate the action on the field and the history surrounding it.
Be there as:
* Babe Ruth hurls a stunning, 14-inning complete game in the 1918 World Series
* The struggling 1927 Bosox outgun "Murderers' Row" to beat the Yankees in 18 innings
* The greatest hitter who ever lived slams a home run in his last major league at-bat—for the second time
* Yaz and Gentleman Jim bring the magic back by winning the "Impossible Dream" pennant
* Luis Tiant records a titanic victory to even the 1975 World Series
* Bucky Dent hits "the homer"
* Cy Young meets Cy Old in the 1999 ALCS
* The Red Sox, with their backs to the wall, take four straight from the Yankees to win the 2004 ALCS
The 50 Greatest Red Sox Games captures all the mania, mystery, and underdog tenacity of the Olde Towne Team.